Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 2008 mustang shaker to navigation
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2014
akdoggie
Apprentice

Yes you can. I have it in an 07, and I have functional steering wheel controls, using a 13 Boss steering wheel. I did have to use a Job2 radio head, for the steering wheel controls to function, and have to add a couple connectors wired in, but it was a fun project.

I used an 8G1T-18K931-EA head (Sable/Taurus), and also added SYNC kit (9R3Z-14D212A). The kit says it doesn't fit to Navigation head, but it does with a Job2 (chrome knobs on top) 2008-09 radio navigation head. We' went thru a bit of trial and error, but have since gotten everything to fit where it needs to go, and now everything functions 100% perfectly. Nice set up, and a factory look in an 07. You will need two other things. An antenna adapter, (fits 02 Chrysler up--yes Chrysler), and the Pioneer antenna for GPS. It is very cheap on eBay (about 10 if you look) and is nothing different than the $100 one Ford sells

There are numerous write ups on changing the heads out, on different forums. That is actually the easy part of the switch. If you have a Shaker 500 and don't care about steering wheel controls, then you can use it manually with NO problems. If you want them, then you can use the pdf I posted on this site, on how to add the steering wheel controls, so they work with the newer Mustang steering wheels (FT, Boss, etc), in the 2005-09 models.

The switch out to the Nav head is one of the best mods I did to my 07. Good luck.

07 Mustang V6, GT 19'' wheels, Bullitt suspension & brakes, Dynomax dual exh w/GT takeoffs, Eleanor style grille, Shelby rear spoiler, CS/GT bumpers, SHR insert, side & rear window louvers, CS/GT scoops, SYNC/Navi, Roush hood scoop, Leather power seats, IUP w/GT MyColor, hood shocks, 8.8 trac-loc w/3:73 gears, logo'd trunk mat, trunk lid storage organizer. Gen 5 tail lights, '12 lighted vanities & outside mirrors, '13 Boss Strg Whl.w/audio controls, Ambient lighting, puddle lamps

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome