Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Recent got '11 GT, having MT82 whine problems
View Single Post
post #83 of (permalink) Old 03-26-2014
cudaman
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekopel View Post
UPDATE:
Dealer is putting Redline Fluid in it. The XL-18 fluid isnt available. This guy I work with i trust a lot to do the right thing. I am picking up the car today with the new fluid and will let you guys know if it takes care of the whine. I know it is not right, my rep thinks it isnt right, and the tranny guy thinks it is fine because of the gears, but i have 20k on factory warranty left, and its now documented i was there. if it grenades, it grenades, i know it wasnt my fault... will let you know how it sounds in a few hrs
Redline Shock-Proof heavy? That is good stuff. I use it in my 92' Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4. It's not really to quiet it down, but it does have good characteristics

Red Line Synthetic Oil - ShockProof® Gear Oils - Heavy ShockProof®

• Film thickness greater than an SAE 75W250, yet low fluid friction like 75W90
  • For heavily-loaded racing differentials and transmissions, problem gearboxes
  • Many performance racing applications like Sprint/Midget/Dirt Late Model Differentials, Detroit Lockers and spools, NHRA Top Fuel and Funny Car rear ends
  • Not recommended for most synchro applications due to the product's extreme slipperiness

• Unique lubricant with solid microscopic particles offers low drag/high protection
  • Relatively low viscosity, yet cushions gear teeth under extreme pressure
  • Helps to prevent tooth breakage, resists throw-off
  • Avoid use with pumps, coolers, and filters as unique medium and affinity for metal can cause clogging
  • Designed for wet sump transmissions and differentials with splash lubrication

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome