Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Fed up with Sync -solutions?
View Single Post
post #29 of (permalink) Old 04-08-2014
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite_Deforce View Post
My only problem with the text messaging is that the reply responses are not suitable 80% of the time. I would like SYNC to recognize my speech so i can make my own replies. If it can do it for iPod tracks...
Currently, you are only able to respond and edit preset text messages on the MyFord Touch system. Send me a PM with your name, VIN, mileage, and phone number if you would like me to document your feedback for your type of SYNC system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recreate.Me View Post
I am fairly certain that in Canada most of the Sync features are disabled so all my sync is good for is playing music and making calls lol No text messages, no maps, after the first 3 days i stopped even trying.

The best solution i have is that instead of syncing my phone i bought a 32gb flash drive and connected that via the USB A, and am considering just plugging in a hard drive in the secret USB B port (its behind the glove box after you take it out)lol

I just push AUX, and it goes right to USB and works great 95% of the time. I prefer not to take calls while driving anyway, and keep the bluetooth on my iphone off to save battery life anyway. If i need to i turn it all on and make a call.
Although SYNC Services are not available in Canada, you do still have the text message option available. To see a list of Canadian carriers, click the link in the upper right hand corner of this chart: SYNC and Phone Compatibility | SYNC Support | SYNC & SYNC with MyFord | Ford.com To see which phones support text messaging, click SMS TEXT MESSAGING on the left.

Kim

FORD IN-VEHICLE TECHNOLOGY TEAM

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordMustang @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordMustang facebook.com/Ford

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome