Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Possible Issues with Raxiom Nav Unit
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2014
AMDanBailer
BOSS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011fivept0 View Post
Hi Guys,

I have had the Raxiom nav unit installed in my car for a little over a month now. It is a great unit and I have not had any issues with it so far. This past weekend was the first time that I really used the navigation for a weekend trip from Chicago to St. Louis. I entered my destination into the nav and the map came up with my route, as it should. After some time though, I noticed that there was no voice giving me the turn-by-turn directions. I did have my phone connected via Bluetooth and I was listening to a podcast on my phone. I also noticed that when I was coming up on an exit that i needed to take (per the route on the nav) or when I needed to merge onto another Interstate, the volume on the podcast I was listening to would get really low. I felt like the turn-by-turn voice should have kicked in at that point, but nothing would happen, and then the volume would turn back up on its own.

On the way back to Chicago yesterday, the navigation unit lost connection and froze several times. I got a message saying "Autodetecting GPS receiver." When I got home, I unplugged the car's battery, waited a little bit, plugged it back up and checked the nav. I wasn't getting any messages and the nav showed my current location, so i assumed it was working fine then.

For those of you that have the Raxiom Nav installed in your car, have you come across any issues similar to what I was experiencing?

Hey,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you were experiencing with the Navigation. It sounds that when you disconnected the battery, you essentially reset the settings giving it back its normal function. It sounds like it was jus a hiccup in the software, and resetting the system should be all it needed.

If for any reason this happens again give us a call right away. If it is functioning properly now however, I don't foresee any future problems.

This is covered by a 2 year warranty so if for any reason this becomes an on going issue or if anything else arises we will replace it with no questions asked.

I hope this information helps, and if you have any other questions, or need anything else, feel free to get in touch.

-Dan

Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome