Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 2015 manual transmission upgrades & driveshaft
View Single Post
post #18 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2014
Allentown
MACH I Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

The Tremec in both my 10s were flawless. The MT82 in my 11GT was borderline junk (wouldn't shift at all on cold days). The Tremec in my 11 GT500 is" so so". It has a similar issue with hard 1-2 shifts when your above 3,000 rpms when cold that so many GT owners also complain about. I can work with the GT500 though, the 11GT however couldn't be worked with, all it would do was grind no matter what you did (short of driving it 45 minutes before using 2nd). It was a real shame, because on warm days that 11GT was probably the best shifting car I have owned. It was up there with my Rx8. I ALMOST made the choice to park it and just drive it between April and October and if I had live up north where you do that with stangs anyway....I would have. Now the GT500 tremec is not really weather sensitive. Drive it for 5 min and 2nd gets smoother-year around. But the stock tires get so hard below 40 it won't hook, making it nearly undriveable without winter tires or a set of MPSS. I have to laugh at myself some times.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2011 Shelby GT 500: C&L CAI, Roush GT 500 Performance axlebacks, Steeda 2.65 Supercharger pulley with idler/belt tensioner, Ford SVT Custom Racing Tune, SVT package, Glass roof, Tech package
Gone: 2011 GT/CS Black
Gone: 2010 Sterling Gray GT, Track Pack

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome