Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Subs for '13 GT+interior sound upgrades!
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-20-2014 Thread Starter
TheWhiteLight
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenv View Post
I had that setup in my `13 V6 `vert. While it was nice, you have to cut & splice a couple of wires up behind the glove box for the Sync to work. I found these to be a royal PITA because the wires seem to be no thicker than a couple of human hairs, & the connection that you have to disconnect is in a tough place & when you do get it disconnected, you will find that there is not much wire length to work with. This is all in addition to being on the phone for about an hour with more than one tech from Idata, who are not the friendliest folks to deal with. You will find that this unit is not as "plug & play" as they let on. If I had to do it again, I would not touch it with a 10 foot pole. That is my experience, YMMV
Thanks for the replies to my thread ken!
Could I keep my stock head unit and get the nav, with the aftermarket subs/speakers/amp? My budget it $2-$4k..

Also do you know how I can open up my shaker door subs on the '13gt i.e. take the grille and chrome off the door subs?

Have you heard of the JL audio stealthbox? Or should I build/get built a box for 2x10s? Do you know any good quality square comp 10s that would be good for the trunk?

PS: saw this kit, but it doesn't look like the highest quality, although it is better than stock.

http://www.stage3motorsports.com/CS6...grade-Kit.html

Thanks, Matt

MY RIDES
2013 Performance White GT Premium: Tune, CAI, Flowmasters
1970 Mustang 351 Cleveland: MANY mods and improvements
2012 Ford Focus: Rims, Steeda CAI & Tune, Steeda Pro Springs, Steeda Front & Rear Swaybar, Steeda Rear Toe End Link, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome