Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Subs for '13 GT+interior sound upgrades!
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-20-2014
kenv
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhiteLight View Post
Thanks for the replies to my thread ken!
Could I keep my stock head unit and get the nav, with the aftermarket subs/speakers/amp? My budget it $2-$4k..

Also do you know how I can open up my shaker door subs on the '13gt i.e. take the grille and chrome off the door subs?

Have you heard of the JL audio stealthbox? Or should I build/get built a box for 2x10s? Do you know any good quality square comp 10s that would be good for the trunk?

PS: saw this kit, but it doesn't look like the highest quality, although it is better than stock.

2005-2013 Mustang Kicker CS Speaker Upgrade Kit CS68

Thanks, Matt
Don`t know much about the rest of the stuff, but from what I`ve read, the ring & mounting area that you can see on the outside of the Shaker subs are part of the speaker & not a seperate piece. Also, not sure, but I`ve read that the subs are some goofy 1.8 OHMs (or something like that), so what happens is that most folks just replace the regular speakers & leave the subs alone.

Having said all that, that is the exact setup I think I am going to get for my `13 GT. I don`t know if we have to get the `12 model year speaker rings, or if these speakers will just mount to the doors as is. The `13 GT has a "component" system (sort of)

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!

Last edited by kenv; 04-21-2014 at 06:10 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome