Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Experience installing your own radio from Crutchfield?
View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 05-03-2014
MSP-GT
Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

So I ordered a new head unit for my 14 Mustang. Ordered it via Crutchfield over the phone. It arrives and they didn't include the antenna adapter. So I call them and the guy has one sent to me two day air. Cool right? So then I start to try and flash the Maestro RR adapter and it's dead. Nothing happening when I plug it in to the USB. After three hours of playing with computer settings, drivers, etc. I throw in the towel and call Crutchfield. The guy says he will send a new one out to me but does so standard shipping, meaning next week. It made no sense that they would ship the antenna adapter two day air but wouldn't do the same for a part that was bad from them. I just gave you over $1400! Come on!
Today I decided that I wasn't going to wait until next week to install what I bought last week. I found a new Maestro RR box locally and bought it. Worked like a charm so when the one gets here next week I will send it back along with the bad one. Just beware when you order from them that you are at their (and UPS) mercy and can end up waiting if something goes wrong.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome