Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Oracle Halo lights - plasma
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-04-2014 Thread Starter
minja
Apprentice

Oracle Halo Fog Lights - Could this work on Boss Deletes?

Anyone has any experience with Oracle's halo line, whether it's the CCFL, SMD , or the Plasmas? The installation process looks like a pain but the brightness of these lights and the size of the rings looks so much better than the Raxioms that are being sold at American Muscle.

I have a 2013 GT convertible. I really love the Oracle halo rings for the fog lights, just like the ones the Mustang had in the recent "Need for Speed" movie. Rather than opening up the light housing, what are your thoughts on removing the fog lights all together and installing the halos on some boss deletes? Or perhaps install it around the fog lights housing and keep the opening like the "Need for Speed" Mustang (see attached pic)?

My concerns are… do the halos get hot over use? Would it melt the plastics that are nearby? How would they fare against the outside elements?

I guess I'm hoping to find an alternative way of installing these without having to remove the headlight lens from the housing. That way if the halos don't work out, I can also reinstall the original fog lights.

-- Min

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ford-mustang-from-need-for-speed-movie-serves-as-nascar-pace-car_100445789_l.jpg
Views:	4705
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	343025  

Last edited by minja; 05-04-2014 at 12:42 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome