Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Rosen Navigation, Amplifer Instsall, Subwoofer Install
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-12-2014 Thread Starter
ericksonmustang
Rookie

Rosen Navigation, Amplifer Instsall, Subwoofer Install

My wife and I bought a 2014 Mustang Convertible Roush stage 1 about a month ago. The care is awesome, but the stock stereo sucks. Even the shaker units I have heard leave alot to be desired. So we immediately looked into upgrading the stereo with Nav, amps and a subwoofer.

The first thing I installed was the Rosen Navigation unit. We were very happy with the quality and the seamless integration with the factory sync system. We now have a great navigation system, backup camera, all the sync functions, and a touch screen. All the steering wheel controls and bluetooth still function the same if not even better since everything is displayed on a 7" screen. The install of the stereo itself was easy, the hard part was running the cable for the backup camera and the antenna for the gps. For the GPS I chose to run the antenna along the and over to the rear view mirror. The antenna routes along the inside of the factory wiring for the auto diming mirror. The base unit is adhered to the backside of the rear view mirror with double sided tape. This position gives the best gps reception and is not seen from in the cab. Even when looking at the rear view mirror from outside of the vehicle its hard to even notice the antenna since the back of the rear view mirror is black plastic just like the antenna base.

After the Nav unit was installed, it was time to focus on making the stereo itself sound better. We decided to start with two amps, and 12" sub, the zen enclosure box.

I installed the two amps on the left side of the trunk, and the sub on the right side of the trunk. I made a custom mount for the amp fuses, and I figured out a way to route the new speaker wire through the door Molex connectors. The 12V remote turn on was tapped from the power to the antenna located in the trunk, and I used a Rockford Fosgate 4 channel hi to low converter to run the RCA cables from the head unit to the amps. When installing the hi/low converter it is necessary to make sure to use the correct wires when your system has the sync option. The left front speaker routes to the sync system first then outputs to the speaker. All the other speakers are easy to figure out by using these two diagrams and pinouts that I found on the net. I installed the remote gain control for the sub amp in the center console. Easy to access but hidden away from view.

I am sure I am missing a bunch of info, if you would like to know something specific then let me know.

Amp 1- rockford fosgate R500X1D
Amp 2- rockford fosgate R400-4d
Speaker - Rockford fosgate P2D2--12" punch @ 2ohm
12" Zen Enclosure sub box for convertible
Rockford fosgate 4 Channel High to low converter
Rosen Navigation system

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	molex_1.jpg
Views:	684
Size:	1,009.1 KB
ID:	345433   Click image for larger version

Name:	molex_2.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	736.0 KB
ID:	345441   Click image for larger version

Name:	molex_3.jpg
Views:	596
Size:	903.9 KB
ID:	345449   Click image for larger version

Name:	amp1.jpg
Views:	648
Size:	689.7 KB
ID:	345465   Click image for larger version

Name:	amp2.jpg
Views:	778
Size:	1,017.0 KB
ID:	345473  

Name:	amp3.jpg
Views:	804
Size:	764.5 KB
ID:	345481   Click image for larger version

Name:	sub_gain_control.jpg
Views:	923
Size:	784.1 KB
ID:	345489   Click image for larger version

Name:	Amp_fuses.jpg
Views:	508
Size:	897.4 KB
ID:	345497   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rosen_Nav_1.jpg
Views:	1134
Size:	629.4 KB
ID:	345505   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rosen_Nav_2.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	626.2 KB
ID:	345513  

Name:	Rosen_Nav_3.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	637.6 KB
ID:	345521   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rosen_Nav_4.jpg
Views:	411
Size:	620.9 KB
ID:	345529   Click image for larger version

Name:	BaseStereoWiring.jpg
Views:	9471
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	345537  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2005 mustang audio wiring.pdf (379.8 KB, 176 views)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome