Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Ford Racing ProCal Tuner
View Single Post
post #29 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2014
11chicagostang
Rookie

Been running the ProCal tune now for a year now and no issues at all. I run 93 all the time and experience no ping under any conditions, hot/cold/2nd gear starts/1-3 shifts or WOT. I felt the greatest difference on the low end 0-4K band. Never had problems laying strips before but now I have problems maintaining traction. The potenza's are really sticky for a street tire in summer yet have no problems melting them.

I was on the fence as well with a BAMA or custom tune but chose the FRPP to eliminate any potential issue with warranty yet gain the same benefits you're looking for. I think it's a conservative approach to getting more out of the coyote. I have no problems pulling with any non supercharged car on the street. Just need bigger/stickier rubber on the back to fix the launch!

2011 GT 5.0 Premium - Race Red - 5% Tint - 6MT - Brembo's - Roush A/B - FRPP/BAMA Tune - KN Filter - Barton shifter - 3.73s - JLT catch - Raxiom Navigation - Redline struts - Bridgestone Potenza Pole Position S-04's

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome