Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Replace OEM nav with aftermarket?
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-15-2014
AMDanBailer
BOSS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke7142003 View Post
I had a 2010 F-150 Lariat Supercrew 4x4 that I installed a Kenwood DNX-890hd, the Maestro (sync interface), speakers, amps and a sub. That set up was awesome! I would like to do the same thing in my 2012 Mustang GT premium w/nav. All I have seen is people adding a navigation receiver to the Shaker system without nav. Has anyone replaced the OEM nav with aftermarket? My OEM nav unit sits higher in the dash than the aftermarket units I have seen. Is there a faceplate where I can keep my climate controls and keep the nav up high where it belongs?
Hey,

This is a pretty unique idea, and I'm curious to see how it goes or if it can be done. Raxiom offers an aftermarket Navigation unit with many cool features, it sits up where you want it and has the faceplate included.

The only issue I see here is that the controls you have below your nav are different than any other standard head unit's controls. If you can get past this hurdle, I don't see why this couldn't be done. I imagine this might be difficult to find, this kind of faceplate however you may be able to have one custom or find away to reuse your existing plate.

I hope this helps, and if you have any questions, feel free to get back in touch. Best of luck!

-Dan

Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome