Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Got my insurance bill for my new GT Premium- Holey Moley!
View Single Post
post #45 of (permalink) Old 05-16-2014
Deki
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewr87 View Post
My insurance actually went down by $20 a month when I traded in my V6 for the GT.

It also depends on where you live. For instance if there is a large intersection near your home, the insurance premium will be higher.
Nothing to do with intersections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurf stang View Post
A lot of it has to do with where you live.
Based or rates of accidents and auto theft, yes, but it's not a significant difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonG2011 View Post
If you have another vehicle that is insured in your name, you can try Hagerty or Heacock. Our Mustangs are considered "classics" and you can usually cut your payments in half using them.
Negative. I have Hagerty on my 62 Nova ($222/year insured at $20k). They would not insure the Mustang because it is too new. They will insure true classic Mustangs, but no go on anything recent.

I pay $67 a month on a 2011 Mustang GT Premium through Geico. I had state farm and had 2 houses, 4 cars, and 3 bikes with them and they wanted $122 a month for the Mustang. I transferred all my vehicles to Geico and literally cut my insurance bill by almost 50%.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome