Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Speakers in 99-04 Mustang GT (Question on a tune up)
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2014 Thread Starter
I Drive...
Apprentice

Exclamation Speakers in 99-04 Mustang GT (Question on a tune up)

MY SPEAKERS SOMETIMES SOUND LIKE A...

I have a 01 GT and the stock Mach 1 stereo system doesn't have the best sound anymore, depends on the music, but anything with a substantial bass will make a few of the speakers sound kind of ugly (You know that ****** car speaker sound, when it sounds like the amps or whatever inside have taken too much beating with loud music and the quality is just bad)

Well, I want to know if anyone has experience with speakers and getting a tune up on them.

I like how my car is all stock inside, original radio, original speakers and all that, I don't want some new speakers like Sony Xplode or anything if i can avoid it because I don't want to change the original look of the car and what is suppose to be in it.

When speakers are fixed, is it a out with the old in with the new type deal, all or nothing, take out mine put in another after market brand or is it true (What I heard one time) that I can just get the internals fixed or updated or whatever, but the original speaker shells / covers (the mach 1 sound system) on the exterior will remain the same.

IF ANYONE HAS EXPERIENCE OR KNOWLEDGE WITH THIS I'D APPRECIATE ANY INPUT.

I don't sit in while you're running it down. I don't carry a gun. I drive.
- Driver

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome