Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - New 2014 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 damaged by dealership
View Single Post
post #25 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2014 Thread Starter
usmcponycar
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70monte View Post
I had a similar thing happen to my 2014 GT when I bought it last August. As I was transferring my belongings from my trade-in to the Mustang, I noticed some paint missing on my back bumper. Someone had damaged it while it was being cleaned. The whole situation turned into a big drama but long story short, the dealer's contracted body shop had to repaint my entire rear bumper.

My car is Sterling Gray metallic and everything I had been told and read said that getting an exact match on the paint would be almost impossible due to it being a metallic so I was worried that I would be able to tell the difference where the bumper meets up with the quarter panels.

The body shop did a great job and I can not tell any difference between the bumper paint and the paint on the quarter panels. My point is that the body shop will have a very good chance of matching the paint on the door so that you will not notice it, especially since your car is so new. My car sat on the dealer's lot for six months before I bought it and I cannot tell any difference in the color of the bumper paint versus the rest of the car. Mine was repaired last September.

Good luck on whatever you decide to do. It sucks and I know how you feel to have to have a brand new car painted on.

Wayne
Thanks, Wayne! It just sucks... I am in love with this car but the point to what I am trying to make is that they are cracking the factory seal and paint.. And when the warranty on this car is up, I am already going to have to worry about the quality of work on the paint job and whether or not it will hold up years down the road? I shouldn't have to have that worry in the back of my head with a new car, should I? And I will tell you, the body shop they are going to send it to perform the paint job is probably going to be the same exact one that damaged the door. They aren't exactly batting 1.000 here which is just adding to the empty feeling in my stomach. I am not trying to be an ******* at all but we are talking about a pretty serious paint job to an entire side of the car. If it was my bumper I would probably be okay with them painting it and proving to me the paint looks alright. Not skinning my entire door and stripping it.. Then, having to flare out my fender and quarter panel to make it blend..

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome