Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Ford Racing ProCal Tuner
View Single Post
post #42 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2014 Thread Starter
BullittSS
Apprentice

Question

So I ended up buying the Ford Racing Power Pack from American Muscle. This package includes the ProCal tune, K&N air filter, FRPP oil filter and GT500 mufflers. Ford Racing shipped the ProCal tuner next day air after I submitted the online information yesterday. I also got a 'brand new' ProCal unit, rather than used, simply by calling them. My dealer agreed to load the tune and install the mufflers for one hour of labor. With the weekend coming up, I may install the mufflers myself, unless they can get me in tomorrow.

I do have a question about the SD card that has the tune loaded. When loaded in my laptop PC, the card appears to be formatted but empty. A quick search on this site identified one ProCal user who said that is normal, and that the card does in fact have data on it. Another user said to make sure to copy the data from the SD card before using the ProCal tuner. So, not wanting to waste a trip to the dealer, do any of you ProCal users know if this "empty" SD card does in fact have my tune on it? Thanks!

2014 Mustang GT California Special/Deep Impact Blue/ 6-Speed Manual/3:73/Ordered 10-5-2013/Built 10-28-2013/Delivered 11-7-2013
Ford Racing ProCal Tune/K&N FRPP Air Filter/GT500 MGTCA1 Mufflers/JLT Oil Separator/Sound Tube Delete/BF Goodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2 275/40/19's (all 4 corners on stock 8 1/2" rims)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome