Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Quote for shock / strut install.
View Single Post
post #32 of (permalink) Old 05-30-2014
TheWhiteLight
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
Looks like the Koni STR.T's are expected to be back in stock by July 24th or 25th. I know we ordered more of these quite a while ago, but every time the start of a new race season hits, Koni goes through a tone of inventory. It usually takes a few months for them to re-up on with everything. I'm sorry for the long wait, unfortunately our hand are tied on this one.

Shane

Dprat,

There's a few things you're going to need to match your old Saleen. To keep a smooth and comfortable ride, I suggest using the SR Performance springs. They handle well and drop the ride height 1.5" all the way around. Next you'll want struts/shocks like the Koni STR.T's for max comfort and handling. Lastly, you'll need an adjustable panhard bar to recenter the rear axle.

Camber plates or bolts usually aren't necessary for a 1.5" drop on 11-14 Mustangs. Also, there's a few other components that will increase handling and traction, but the parts above are the bare minimum and will get the job done without consequence.

I don't want to take the OP's thread too far off track, so if you have more questions, feel free to PM me directly. I'd be happy to help you out!

Shane
+1 good post Shane

MY RIDES
2013 Performance White GT Premium: Tune, CAI, Flowmasters
1970 Mustang 351 Cleveland: MANY mods and improvements
2012 Ford Focus: Rims, Steeda CAI & Tune, Steeda Pro Springs, Steeda Front & Rear Swaybar, Steeda Rear Toe End Link, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome