Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Novice car lowering questions
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-30-2014
BMR Tech
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleg View Post
Thanks guys for the info, from the research ive done... I think im going to go with the Eiback Pro kit, the Eibach camber adjustment bolts, and BMR panhard bar. I still have to figure out what im going to do about my shocks and struts because I really dont want to do this all twice. Did I read somewhere that you have to some other kind of shock mounts or something, or was that for sway bars or something else. Just want to get my ducks all in a row before I order anything which will be a while anyway since im going to have to save up first.
Skip the camber bolts.

If you flip your upper strut mounts around 180 degrees, it should put you back into spec for the camber. Flipping them, will move the strut outboard about 1/4". On a 1.5"~ drop, this will take you from about -1.7 degrees camber, down to the -1.4 to -1.5 range. Spec is 0 to -1.5... A little negative camber is good for these cars.

If you are set on the Pro-Kit springs, I suggest also looking into the FRPP K-Springs. Go with whichever one you find the best deal on.

As for the upper strut mounts, I am personally a fan of the GT500 Upper Strut Mounts. You cannot use them with your OEM 11+ Struts, though. You will want to purchase a set of struts that are designed for an 05-10 Mustang, and acquire the GT500 Mounts.

Good luck! Let me know if you need any assistance with anything!

Dylan Abbott
[email protected]

www.bmrsuspension.com

VISIT FOR PRODUCT ADVICE, TECH AND SUPPORT ON FACEBOOK. www.facebook.com/BMRMustangSupport

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome