Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - New 2014 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 damaged by dealership
View Single Post
post #70 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2014 Thread Starter
usmcponycar
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte Stang View Post
What kind of protection packages add up to $3900??
Gold Package (Paint Protection/Environment Protection) - Honestly, it was sold to me as paint protection, undercoat, and interior protection package. Then, they wrote it down as Gold Package. And then, it inevitably ended up as the 'Environmental Protection Package'. The guy told me it would warranty the paint against hairline scratches and swirl marks you normally see on a black car for 10 years as well as bird crap, tar, etc. 'Bro, you can leave bird crap on the paint and never wash it off and it will not eat through this stuff'. That it was going to feel like a non stick pan when they were done and blah blah blah.. So, I bought it for $1,495.00 as they convinced me it was a necessity for a black car. Then, I was told, after they performed the work, it did not protect against swirl marks as I noticed one on the hood.

Ding and Dent/Tire and Wheel - $695.00

Extended Service Plan - $1695.00 which extends the warranty to 10 years on the car for everything. So, I bought it.

Exactly, $3,885.00..

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome