Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - New 2014 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 damaged by dealership
View Single Post
post #72 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2014
tommy9946
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcponycar View Post
Gold Package (Paint Protection/Environment Protection) - Honestly, it was sold to me as paint protection, undercoat, and interior protection package. Then, they wrote it down as Gold Package. And then, it inevitably ended up as the 'Environmental Protection Package'. The guy told me it would warranty the paint against hairline scratches and swirl marks you normally see on a black car for 10 years as well as bird crap, tar, etc. 'Bro, you can leave bird crap on the paint and never wash it off and it will not eat through this stuff'. That it was going to feel like a non stick pan when they were done and blah blah blah.. So, I bought it for $1,495.00 as they convinced me it was a necessity for a black car. Then, I was told, after they performed the work, it did not protect against swirl marks as I noticed one on the hood.

Ding and Dent/Tire and Wheel - $695.00

Extended Service Plan - $1695.00 which extends the warranty to 10 years on the car for everything. So, I bought it.

Exactly, $3,885.00..
Hey again USMC,

There's always some Internet tough guy. My father, three uncles and grandfather all served in various branches of the service. One is a Wounded Warrior. It's a hell of a commitment that I have not personally experienced, yet have seen what it means to those I care about, so thanks for your service.

With your car, if a new door matched, would you be satisfied? If you truly want a new car, then that's that. You are the customer and the mistake is the dealership's; with that said, do you have the car or do they? Is it financed through a bank, Ford credit? Obviously a third party lender (private bank) will expect you to continue making payments to keep a note current so as not to impact your credit. In that regard, there's little motivation for the dealership on that end because they've likely already been paid.

I am surprised they don't just suck it up and work out a restocking fee with you. Obviously in 2.5 weeks and 700 miles, the car isn't new. Title paperwork registered. With that said, how much did it really depreciate for a dealership? When you screw up and you're in business, it costs you. They owe you a new, matching door or a new unit on a negotiated scenario (since repainting isn't an option that will satisfy you).

2014 Pony Package convertible l Deep Impact Blue on Black l auto (current)

2014 Ram Big Horn Crew Cab 4x4 l White on Grey l Chrome 20"s l Navigation l Hemi (current daily driver)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome