Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Need some opinions "To Stripe or Not to Stripe"
View Single Post
post #24 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2014
daustin
PONY Member

Garage
Need some opinions "To Stripe or Not to Stripe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleg View Post
Thats a heck of a deal. Ive been calling around this morning just for the fun of it to some other shops that are a little further out from my house and they are actually more expensive. We are talking in the $600 range!! I absolutely hate to let someone else work on my car, thats why I do everything myself. I honestly think I could do them myself now that I have the right kit with the correct lengths of material for the hood scoop, etc.. but I had a heck of a time getting off the top layer. I guess its called the release paper or backing paper. Every time I tried it screwed up my little 3/8" pinstripe. I might just say screw it and try it again, if it doesnt work, it doesnt work. Ill throw some racing stripes on my riding lawnmower instead. LOL

Have you tried your dealer? I've bought two 5.0 mustangs in the last two years from two different dealers here (sister dealerships) and both have custom shops. Give them a try. Also I lied about the price; I looked at my receipt and it was $299 total. Haha.

Good luck. I got quotes from other shops around town here and they ranged from the $299 I paid to $1,100!

Another perk of having the dealership or a shop do it would be warranty. If something happens, I'll just drop it off and have it fixed. The custom shop manager even said if it gets rock chips, he'd change it out under warranty as well (although, I would wait until I got many rock chips to have it replaced rather than have it replaced for one or two, as they are inevitably going to happen).

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2016 Mustang GT 401a, 6A, Magnetic Metallic, Nav, Shaker Pro, 20" SVE Series 3's, Steeda CAI, Corsa Sports, BMR SP080 Springs, BMR Caster/Camber Plates, JLT Catch Can, Redline Hood Struts.....

2014 Mustang GT 400a, 6M, Recaros, 3.73's, 19" Drifts, electronics/nav., Kooks A/B's, AED Tune /Steeda CAI/BBQ Igniter Tick... SOLD

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome