Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Need some opinions "To Stripe or Not to Stripe"
View Single Post
post #28 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2014
Neighsayer11
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleg View Post
I figured about $400 since im supplying the stripes, but it seems like a lot of places do not want to install stripes if you didn't buy them from the installers, which I can understand. I actually tried to install them myself the first time and it wasn't really that hard once I had the center of my car taped off, but they didn't send me the kit for the hood scoop and the California Special wing, so I was short a bunch of material. I called them and they got the right kit out to me, but it was a major pain and not something I think I want to do again. I had a heck of a time with the top "release layer" or whatever its called, getting that thing off. They said I probably didn't wet it enough, but I don't know.

Just turned the big 4.0
That's a bit much for stripes, especially if you are supplying them. I paid around 500 ish and the shop supplied all the materials (3M 1080 Scotchprint).

As far as the striped look, do what you like, I am just over 30 and I like my car with stripes, the hood on the 13/14 MY looked pretty sparse when I bought the car so I put some 10 inch stripes on there.

2011 V6 Mustang - Premium 202A Spec (Pony Package) - SOLD!

2014 V8 Mustang - Premium 400A Spec
6 Speed Manual, 3.31 Rear
Black, Charcoal Black
Comfort Package, Security System

Last edited by Neighsayer11; 06-03-2014 at 06:22 PM. Reason: photos

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome