Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - New parts for the pony!
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-04-2014
AMWill
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 pt oh View Post
Got these the other day:
Lowering springs/Panhard bar
Barton short throw shifter
Stage 3 exedy clutch (spelling?)

Still waiting for (but already ordered)
Procharger stage 2 supercharger kit from AmericanMuscle

The shifter is fantastic! So much better than the stock one, even without the bracket! I just ordered the shifter only. I installed it as soon as I got it, and drove around for about an hour just shifting around town and amazed at how much better it is that stock.

The stage 3 clutch is going to be like a gym membership, or so I'm told, for daily driving. But I wanted something that will withstand the weekend dragstrip passes, unlike the stock clutch which is already starting to wear. My local ford dealer is installing the clutch as we speak. Should have it back this evening or tomorrow morning.

Procharger will be installed and tuned at Dyno speed racing in Memphis, Tennessee. Has anybody ever dealt with these guys? Good? Bad? I dynoed there and they seemed fine, but I would like some outside reviews if possible.

With my Longtubes and off road X, what power levels do you think I'll be pushing at 8psi? Is that a reasonable level for stock internals? I do like to run the car, I'm not going to beat around the bush on that situation. With that said, I'm open to options.

Flame Suit on!! (:
Great list of mods you have lined up! If you already love the Barton shifter, than you got to check out the shifter bracket. Slamming gears is surprisingly easier with the shifter bracket, especially 3rd gear.

With 8psi and LT headers, you should see right around 600rwhp with the Procharger kit. In fact, I think you could easily make 590rwhp with a very safe tune.

Lastly, I suggest upgrading your stock two-piece driveshaft to a one-piece aftermarket unit. With those power levels, it won't take much to snap the stock DS at one of the joints. Especially if you plan to hit the drag once in a while.

Hope this info helps!

Shane

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonsSaleen View Post
I ordered the Vortech from Beefcake racing. It was a tuner kit and Terry was great to work with. I will be running about 8.5-9 pounds of booth and I just want a safe fun tune. The supporting mods as of now are the JPC coolant resevoir, ID100's, BAP, NGK spark plugs, some breathers for the PCV ports, airaid CAI, and I went with a upgraded T clamp set disigned for the Vortech. I should be done with the install on Sunday and will start data logging with Lund on Monday. I will do a full write up of the install once it's all complete.

All other mods are in my signature.

In the future I will be buying the McLeod RST clutch, steel flywheel, and a Shaftmaster driveshaft.
JasonsSaleen,

I like to sounds of your setup as well! The only thing I wanted to point out or suggest was upgrading to the RXT clutch instead of the RST. The RXT has the same street manners as the RST and it is a lot more resistant to heat. I prefer the RXT because it allows you the ability to slip the clutch harshly during drag launches and withstand the heat without glazing over.

Don't get me wrong, the RST is still a great clutch. IMO, if you're going to purchase the RST, it's better to take the next setup for to RXT!

Shane

Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome