Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Buying my first Mustang this week
View Single Post
post #23 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2014
MelloStang2010
PONY Member

Just drive a gt... Don't do what I did and bought a v6 and then wondered what the v8 would be like, and then proceed to modify the v6 to make it faster. I just eventually learned that for my needs and personality I needed a v8 so I traded the 14 v6 with 9k on the clock for a 11 gt with 5k on the clock. If you want something to just scoot around town in that looks good and is comfortable get the v6 they are definitely quick cars.

I totally understand when you say there is more than just the price tag to consider with the car as the v8 will almost always be more expensive in fuel and insurance, and if you get a base model you will most likely be disappointed. It was the small things like mycolor and ambient lightning that make me love my car all the more. Just test drive a gt, you will know right away which of the two engines suits you best. Then you will have peace of mind and never wonder, but what if. If you like the gt more you can find killer deals on used ones where people have already eaten the depreciation like I did I paid the same for my 14 base v6 that I did for a 2011 premium gt/cs with 5k miles on it. Either way you choose both are great engines

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2011 Race Red GT/CS: current
MGW race spec shifter, Borla ATAK axle backs w/ resonator deletes, Boss Intake Manifold w/ Steeda CAI, stainless power longtube headers, driveshaft shop carbon fiber drive shaft, ACT twin disc clutch.

2014 Race Red V6: sold
Airaid Cold Air Intake, pype bomb axle backs, bama 91p tune, ford racing 3.73 gears, Barton short throw shifter, Mac ceramic shorty headers.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome