View Single Post
post #25 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2014
daustin
PONY Member

Garage
Buying my first Mustang this week

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck80 View Post
Well, as the thread title says, a bit new both around thesee parts and as an owner of the brand. I was always a gm owner, all the rest of my cars are a mix of Buick and Pontiac, mix in some 70s/80s Chevy/GMC trucks here and there but....

I've got to say in my opinion Ford got these cars RIGHT! I had a '13 Mustang as a rental for a week last year and since then had my eyes open, kept teetering on trying to get one. Looked last August, had to pass what with moving to a new house and all. This time around, and now I got one, it was the last chance to buy a live rear axle car with the retro styling cues.... well, lets just say it was time to pull the trigger

So, before I say which one I did decide to go with, I'd like to describe the two cars I narrowed it down to and hear which one you think was a better deal:

#1: 2014 V6 premium, gotta have it green, AT, 202A pony pkg, comfort package. Everything else being the standard options coming on a premium coupe of course. Was actually a special order, sold in early april 2014 and driven 5 weeks for a total of 2300 miles before the owner decided it wasn't the car for them. Dealer certified it, tacking the additional 12 months cpo warranty on to the end of the balance 3/36 factory bumper to bumper, and extended the 5/60k power train to a 7/100k on the car with its lowly 2300 miles. Price: 22,000

#2: 2014 V6 premium, Oxford white, stone interior, AT, 202a pony pkg, comfort pkg, and same as above, all the other goodies coming on a premium coupe. This one is brand new, regular factory warranty. Price: 23,300 after all rebates and incentives. There is some thing to be said for being the first to own/drive/break in a car..

So.... which one do y'all think is the one to go after had you been buying?

Congrats on your purchase. Mine puts a smile on my face every time I drive it! I really like the GHIG but I don't know if it's a color I could live with everyday; if you can, great, you'll love it. It has that wow factor and I always find myself admiring it when I see one driving. The Oxford White is an awesome color and when I bought my current one, it was between the white or Ruby Red. I just couldn't pass the Ruby Red up.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2016 Mustang GT 401a, 6A, Magnetic Metallic, Nav, Shaker Pro, 20" SVE Series 3's, Steeda CAI, Corsa Sports, BMR SP080 Springs, BMR Caster/Camber Plates, JLT Catch Can, Redline Hood Struts.....

2014 Mustang GT 400a, 6M, Recaros, 3.73's, 19" Drifts, electronics/nav., Kooks A/B's, AED Tune /Steeda CAI/BBQ Igniter Tick... SOLD

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome