Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - After you had your racing stripes installed....
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-09-2014
Neighsayer11
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleg View Post
The instructions didn't say anything about water. I used Rapid-Tac though. That stuff is awesome.
Holy cow, 30 days not to roll your windows down? That's insane! I think my wife is going to get my windows tinted for me for Fathers Day, I better check into that first.
I was asking about wet adhesive vs dry for the vinyl because 3M makes vinyl with a dry adhesive already on it and channels to get the bubbles out, that's what my stripes are. It's mostly used for wrapping cars but I wanted to get the darkest metallic grey I could and that's what they had (7 year warranty was nice too)

For the window tinting 3 - 5 days is what I was told before you can roll them down, usually less if it is sunny out (the sun speeds up the drying time). 30 days is for any bubbles to clear up/dry out. The place I had all the work done told me after 30 days if there were imperfections to bring it back to have it fixed/redone. The tint is also 3M CS35.

2011 V6 Mustang - Premium 202A Spec (Pony Package) - SOLD!

2014 V8 Mustang - Premium 400A Spec
6 Speed Manual, 3.31 Rear
Black, Charcoal Black
Comfort Package, Security System

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome