Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - The wonderful, stupendous, marvelous, DMV...
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-22-2007 Thread Starter
FuzzyDice
GT Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to FuzzyDice
The wonderful, stupendous, marvelous, DMV...

I knew I should not have expected things to go smoothly with the Dept of Motor Vehicles. I applied for a vanity plate...sent in the 2 forms with my check like they asked. I pick up my mail yesterday and see an envelope from the DMV. Before opening it, I foolishly think that they have processed my request and are telling me it will be sent out soon. Instead I open it 2 find both of my forms returned along with my check, along with this note:

Dear customer,

Our records indicate your old vehicle information. Your new vehicle information has not yet been updated in our system.

Please hold your application for 4-6 weeks from the validation date on your permanent registration and at that time please call us at (860) 263-5154 to be sure your new information is in our computer.

Thank you

Special Order Plate Unit

In the words of my avater.....WTF !! Maybe I am naive or clueless but how the hell does it take 4-6 weeks to make a change in their computer from a 2005 Acura TL to a 2007 Mustang GT convertible ???? I could write a small computer application for my business customers at work in that amount of time.

Oh they were kind enough to send me out a pre-addressed envelope for when I mail my forms and check BACK to them again. Not pre-stamped of course.

I never thought I would see the day when the DMV did not accept money. I mean why couldn't they just cash the check and keep the forms on file ??

On the bright side...they have reserved my choice of plate for me...WLD.PNY. Maybe it will be ready by the time I buy 2015 Mustang GT convertible...

2007 GT convertible - black 5 speed MT: charcoal aluminum panel, black/dove int, anti-theft, cloth top, GT appearance pkg, MODS - MGW shifter, CDC Conv Light Bar, Pony 12V plug, Shelby Hood Pins, Steeda Strut Tower Brace, Steeda Strut Tower Covers, FRPP GTA's, CDC Classic chin spoiler, GT500 spoiler, Agent47 Mirrors, 18" Chrome DD bullitt rims/Continental tires, C&L CAI, Infinity speakers, RoadWire 2-tone leather interior, 4.6 badges, Dyno Tune-Mongillo Motors-New Haven-CT-301 rwhp/297 rwt

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome