Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 2011 V6 mustang, general questions and concerns. New mustang owner.
View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2014
Mustang concept
Apprentice
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Mustang concept
Dont worry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxi View Post
Hello all, I'm a new owner of a 2011 v6 premium used mustang with 60k miles on it. The car I drove before this one was a Mazda 3 so it's quite different adjusting to this one a bit. I've been driving for three years now, from SUVs,vans, and my Mazda of course, but this has probably been the fastest vehicle I've ever been in.

I'm taking it slow at the moment, and the fastest I've ever gotten it was about 40 mph due to the fact that I've only driven in the city, but the majority of my concern is due to the RWD and stories of people fish tailing/over steering. I'm still getting a feel for this car, but I feel that if I get on the highway going 60 or 70 and I do a highway curve, it'll oversteer and I'll lose control. Or if I switch lanes at that speed that I'll fishtail.

I know to take corners slow and not hammer down the pedal as I've seen many people in videos do. This is my first RWD and the majority of concern is as I mentioned the fish tailing/oversteering

If I could get some insight or tips, maybe relieve my anxiety, that would help tremendously. I've been reading a lot through this forum and these are some of the general questions that come to my mind. Otherwise any help is greatly appreciated.

Its a v6 your fine

2014 mustang 5.0, side louver, fp8 package, recaro race seats
My mods: BMR lower control arms and relocation brackets, koni yellow adjustable struts, steeda heavy duty mounts, steeda panhard bar, steeda sport springs, Flow master outlaw cat backs, air raid synthamax cold air intake, SCT x4 tuner with Bama tunes, black emblems, black GT fuel door, illuminating door sills, raxiom smoked fog lights, 3.73 gears, JLT oil separator, GT 500 spoiler, MMD hood struts...

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome