Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Anyone else hate the side mirror blind spot inserts?
View Single Post
post #33 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2014
slorydn1
SHELBY GT 350 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Talking

When we first got the 2012 I thought it was a real PITA to get the mirror adjusted just right to make the mini mirror work for me, and I didn't like the way it took up usable viewing space in the larger mirror,but I have gotten used to it now.

With the 2012 my wife and I were both driving it alot, so we we constantly having to adjust the mirrors to get everything straight for each person. Now that we have our own Mustangs, the mirrors haven't been re-adjusted on mine since the day I picked up my car, so I find the mini mirrors very useful.

My wife still complains about hers occasionally, but that's because I can't quite convince her that she needs to adjust the mirror further out so that she really cant see the side of her car in it like MustangInTexas said.

I have mine set so that the only part of my car that I can see is the very last part of the angle of the fender/rear fascia. This has allowed me to see vehicles in the left lane in the mini mirror all the way to the point my peripheral vision will pick them up with only the slightest turn of my head. On the right side, I still do a "turn head and check" maneuver, but that's 25+ years of driving experience forcing me to do that, lol.

Hers:2012 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Kona Blue Exterior/Charcoal Interior, 400A, HID/Security Pkg ,Comfort Pkg.
[COLOR="DimGray"][B]His: 2014 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Sterling Gray Exterior/Charcoal Interior,400A, Reverse Sensing/Security Pkg, Comfort Pkg SMR# 3635

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome