Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Ordering what should I do?!?
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2014
MelloStang2010
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by olegreg181 View Post
Alright, if you just started trashing me in that last post, that says a lot about you! Trust me I know you won't know my situation, but I am going to make the best out of this situation so that's why I asked y'all. The guys that should help me make a decision tell me something wrong that I may be doing .Please don't just say "Then why are you throwing on the pck's for. One my mom hates the 2014 seats so she researched and asked if I wanted Recaros." I just want to be able to look back in 10 years and have in my garage the car I graduated with. Trust me I know I would appreciate it more if I worked for it. But I am going to be grateful and and do everything to the best of my ability because that's what my parents want. Then again you can't just call me out assuming that I am apart of the group of adults you work with. And I am defiantly not going to spend a few years out of high school working to earn for it when I can be in college. If it was up to me I would keep my Chevy Colorado but my parents do not want to send me to school with a truck with 200,000 miles on it. So if anyone knows if the seats have gotten any better from the 14 to 15 in comfortably it would be much appreciated.
As far as gears go I've had 2.73s which are an abomination to any car, swapped those for 3.73s which were much better, if your going to do more town than freeway driving, than get the steeper gears but I personally wouldn't go lower than 3.55s.

As for recaros get them, and again, get them. And I'll put it this way, from the factory the seats are a $1,500 option to buy them aftermarket they are 3 grand for the 13 and 14 mustangs. The recaros will be better than the stock seats granted you aren't really big or have back issues and so forth. As an added plus if you don't like them there will always be someone who will be willing to swap you seats and probably give you cash on top.

As for the whole parents buying the car for you it's whatever man just don't be the stereotype. I had an 16 year old coworker who's parents bought him an 07 Shelby GT500, he wrecked it. There was another 18 year old kid who's dad bought him a brand new Audi R8 V10. He ran a $160,000 supercar through our automated car wash frequently, well that was until he rear ended someone doing a 100mph on 40mph street. Rule number 1, don't be dumb and enjoy and baby that thing.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2011 Race Red GT/CS: current
MGW race spec shifter, Borla ATAK axle backs w/ resonator deletes, Boss Intake Manifold w/ Steeda CAI, stainless power longtube headers, driveshaft shop carbon fiber drive shaft, ACT twin disc clutch.

2014 Race Red V6: sold
Airaid Cold Air Intake, pype bomb axle backs, bama 91p tune, ford racing 3.73 gears, Barton short throw shifter, Mac ceramic shorty headers.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome