Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Tons of tiny paint chips @ just 17k?
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2014
matthewr87
MACH I Member

I think its just luck more than anything else. I just picked up three nasty rock-chips on my hood lip this past weekend; only 5000 km on the odometer. Three all in the same general region. Must have been a cluster of rocks that hit me. Two down to the primer, and a third (about 2mm in area) down to the bare metal. I filled them up with paint and eliminated the blob with Langka. Doesn't look perfect but better than before. I'm getting a clear bra put on it later this week.

My 2011 V6 never picked up any rock chips of that magnitude over the three years 35000km of driving. It was however, "sand blasted". It was covered with thousands of small (pin-*****) sized chips from sand and/or salt. Also had dozens of larger chips down to the primer.

Luck of the draw man. It depends on where you drive (highway or local) and whether there is a lot of construction going on.

2018 GT350 - Race red

2012 Mustang GT/CS - Race red - Electronics package - Security package - 3.73 - Steeda shift knob - Steeda shift bracket - ProCal II Tune - GT500 ABs - Shaftmasters DS - Boss 302S Wheels - Build date: February 14th, 2012

2011 Mustang V6 - Pony Package Premium Coupe - Black - Charcoal Leather - Roush Front Fascia - Matte Black Lemans and Hockey Stick Hood Stripes - 6% HP Charcoal Tint - 3.31

Last edited by matthewr87; 06-15-2014 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Edit: LOL the site censored "p r i c k"

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome