Ford Mustang Forum banner

2011 V6 Exhaust Time

2K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  B-Unit 
#1 ·
Hey fellas,

I'm needing to get a new exhaust. It's been a while since I was first checking into them when I first got the car over 3 years ago.

Been doing a lot of research and listening to sound clips and videos to decide, but I wanted some feedback from you guys who actually have or heard these in person.

From what I've seen so far, these 3 I like so far:

1. Ford Racing Sport
2. Roush
3. MRT

I don't want anything crazy loud, just somethin to give it some more sound than the stock system.

Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
Allied resonators....available nationwide, about 1/2 the price of the ones you mention (BTW they build most of those for those mfgs) deep tone, low rumble and available in 10" to 38" lengths and any diameter you would need.

#4 ·
Could you provide a link? Never heard of these and having trouble finding.

If you don't want crazy loud, do not go with the Roush.
I didn't think they sounded crazy loud. Then again it's hard to tell from clips on the computer. Thanks for the input!

#3 ·
If you don't want crazy loud, do not go with the Roush.

#5 ·
I'm sure people with the Roush mufflers will chime in. They are very loud in my opinion. Heard a V6 with them the other day.

#10 ·
Thanks for the info guys - looks like I'll be crossing Roush off the list.

When I was first looking a while back, the Ford Racing Sport is what I was pretty set on although it is pricey.

Anyone have any experience with the MRT axlebacks?

#14 ·
Borla Touring and FRPP Touring pretty much the same and as far as I have heard the quietest of the aftermarkets.

Deep at idle and under 3000rpm but some growl when you get on it. Some resonance on the highway at low rpms in 5th and 6th, like 1700-2000rpm, have to stay higher rpm's to be quieter.

Roushs I have heard kind of raspy.

Ain't going to sound like a V8 but sounds decent, its too quiet stock!

#19 ·
Great info, thanks! I like the sound of the FRPP Sport much better than the FRPP/Borla touring. If I'm gonna pay the price range of those, the Sport wins.

Not trying to sound like a V8, just want it sound how it should and stock is way too weak like you said!

#15 ·
Ford Racing Sport! best thing I've ever bought. I can't tell you how many guys hear it on idle and say "5.0?" obviously its nothing like a 5.0 while driving but it sounds great. id say classy loud under normal acceleration and on full throttle it definitely turns heads. every time I'm in a tunnel i have to drop down a gear and go. people say who am i trying to impress when i go full throttle… and the answer to that is I'm impressing myself. love ford racing sport

#20 ·
Good to hear! That's exactly what I'm looking for and was leaning towards the FRPP Sport to begin with. Thanks for the detailed info.

#16 ·
Thanks again for all of the info fellas.

Pretty sure I'm gonna go with the Ford Racing Sports although it is the priciest.

Apparently MRT isn't a popular choice around here? Was hoping someone may have experience with them as well.

Here's the video I watched for them
MRT 2011 V6 Mustang Interceptor Exhaust - YouTube

Any other recommendations are appreciated :bigthumbsup

#17 ·
I have bola ataks and I freaking love them best mod so far. bola is a great product but they are kinda pricey kinda hard for me to put that kinda money for an exhaust but I wanted the best. They have 3 different types touring s type and ataks. There is no drone with these they are great axle back exhaust but the price is a little much

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.