Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Need opinions on Wheels please
View Single Post
post #30 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2014
LiveReckless010
Apprentice

Coming from the import scene to the American/muscle car scene, I've seen enough of deep dish wheels. To me deep dish wheels are just too played out on everything from Hondas to high-dollar Lamborghini's. I'm to the point that I only really like seeing deep dish wheels on a Supra (EVERYONE can fap to that lol)

From a design standpoint, having a relatively flat-faced wheel that has nice curves (Avent Garde M310s are a perfect example) and that doesnt really bubble out like AMR's drift style wheel, has a "filling" effect, giving the car a wider appearance without a "cut out" in the wheel. However, I will agree that having a deeper dish wheel in the rear will make it blatantly obvious that you've got wider wheels in the rear. I'm more for making subtle but obvious differences to a car. It's subtle when you glance but when you can get a person to stare and notice the difference, you know youve done something right lol. But thats just how I am.

Whippled 2011 Mustang GT Yellow Blaze Tri-Coat * 2.9L Gen 3 Stage 3 Supercharger * 6MT * 3.73 * ARH Long Tubes and O/R H * SLP Loudmouth A/B * Lund Tuned * lowered 1.5in * MGW 1st gen Race-spec Shifter * Avant Garde M310s 20x9/20x10 with 265/35 Nitto 555s up front 315/35 INVOs in the back *

EXTREMELY fun daily driver!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome