Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Barton Shifter 13 GT
View Single Post
post #35 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2014
BOSS MAN 13
PONY Member

I don't own the Barton, I have an MGW, my shifts are faultless. Looking at it objectively, What I like about the MGW is the whole lower shift box is replaced with a CNC'd unit with stiffer shift rail guides, it is overall a much more precise design, the shifter is adjustable to the left to allow a perfect 1-2 shift, the spring to third tension is adjustable (by removing spring cap) and MGW is super commited to making this shifter as quiet (or quieter than stock) Their twin post bracket is extremely wide to eliminate torsional twist, they enclose dynamat, a thicker additional insulation pad, and a heat shield made of stainless below the shifter, with insulation. All this for $30. more than a Barton, certainly something to consider.

My 1-2 shifts are on the money, 2-3, 3-4 shifts a no brainer, and 4-5 slips in with just slight pressure from the heel of your hand, 6th gear slight pressure to the right, straight in. That shifter is worth every penny, you can see when you install it, MGW people are committed to making the best shifter on the market.

2013 BOSS 302 School Bus Yellow #1121

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome