Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - So...who is concerned about '15 Challenger?
View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2014
Mac 27
Apprentice

The price for performance is exactly why I bought the 14 Mustang GT Premium rather than an SRT Core. SRTs never have cash back, have $1000 gas guzzler tax (in PA, NJ might be $1300) and you get so much more in the Mustang. I had a 2010 R/T and loved it. But when I wanted more performance, it was $32K vs $41K and the Core doesn't have nearly the amenities. And it's a bit too big so parking was always a worry for me. I've driven the SRTs a few times (NJMP and VIR) and they still feel heavy. Awesome ride for cruising the highway and you can fit 5 adults in the car (and maybe 3 bodies in the trunk - it's huge). One other factor was not as much after market support - few vendors with higher prices. That said, if my kids were in college I'd be tempted to trade my DD for an SRT - they just look bad a$$.

2014 GT Premium, Sterling Grey, 6 Speed, 3:55 Gears, Comfort Group, GT500 AB, 3dCarbon Spoiler, JLT CC, Boss 302 Alcantara steering wheel, FRPP TrackCal, FRPP Brembos, FRPP Wheels

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome