Ford Mustang Forum banner

How do you remove a GT grille?

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  pumpdoc 
#1 ·
Any pointers appreciated!

#4 ·
Thanks for the instructions. Hmmm, it says remove the bumper cover -- OUCH -- sound like work!!!

Got instructions for that? Better yet, can it be done without removing the bumper cover?

#5 ·
Removed my grill and did not need to remove the bumper cover. From what I remember,I took off the radiator cover,and covered the bumper with painters tape(so not to scratch it) and just pulled on the grill. Thats right ,give it a good pull starting from either side. The clips that hold it in place flex so if you take your time no problem.
Are you modding the grill or replacing with another?
Took mine out to empty out the honeycomb and paint gloss black.

Attachments

#8 ·
I'm toying around with the idea of sending it out to be chromed. Can't find an aftermarket solution I like. A little hesitant as it may look over the top and there will be no contrast with the running horse. Thoughts?

#7 ·
Yes, it can be done on the car. With the radiator cover off you can reach in and depress the tabs without breaking them. The .pdf I posted is more helpful in that it shows where the tabs are.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.