Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Ford Racing ProCal Tuner
View Single Post
post #47 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2014 Thread Starter
BullittSS
Apprentice

Just closing the loop on this thread -- I finally got the ProCal tune loaded last week, and I'm very pleased. Throttle response is better, and the car pulls stronger, with no detectable knock so far. I'm using 93 octane Chevron fuel. Ford Racing originally sent a defective tuner, which was disappointing because I specifically requested a new, rather than remanufactured unit. They shipped a new one overnight directly to the dealer, so it wasn't a real big deal -- but did require an extra trip in Atlanta traffic to get there! My service rep on the 2nd visit was a former Steeda employee who is on this board -- super knowledgeable about tuning, and very helpful!

I'd also like to thank the ProCal users who chipped in on this thread, and helped me make the decision to go that route. I'm not planning any further engine/exhaust mods, so the ProCal tune is fine!

2014 Mustang GT California Special/Deep Impact Blue/ 6-Speed Manual/3:73/Ordered 10-5-2013/Built 10-28-2013/Delivered 11-7-2013
Ford Racing ProCal Tune/K&N FRPP Air Filter/GT500 MGTCA1 Mufflers/JLT Oil Separator/Sound Tube Delete/BF Goodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2 275/40/19's (all 4 corners on stock 8 1/2" rims)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome