Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - So...who is concerned about '15 Challenger?
View Single Post
post #28 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2014 Thread Starter
rpaulg87
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkandgud View Post
TBH, I feel like the Challenger and the Mustang are two totally different segments.

The Challenger is a comfy, big, v8 cruiser (aka more like a true Muscle car) whereas the Mustang is a smaller, sportier car.

Similar, but very different.
Having owned an SRT-8 for 4 years yeah, I agree, def more of a cruiser. You don't feel bumps but always have a big V-8 on tap for power. I'd agree the Mustang in general is a Sports car, Challenger is a muscle, but that thing is so well insulated you have zero road noise, you don't hear rain taps, and even with 1000w subwoofer the car barely rattles. Def a cruiser, but the 6.4l can bruise for sure, I don't see many 5.0's beating out the 392 6.4l's, but then again with the price range naturally the 392 should be an ass whooper as currently (until '15's come out) it's way more expensive.

Of course now that the R\T is getting the option of the 6.4l and the insane new 8-speed....the automatic version is going to be a monster. 8-speed autos like the ZF-8 you have to drive them vs the prior gen (same motor, not same trans) and good lord always at peak power. I LOVED the 5.7l RAM w\ the 8-speed, vs the 5-speed in the 14 and below the 8-speed cuts almost 2-3 seconds off 0-60. The Jeep SRT-8 w\ 8 speed vs the 5-speed, just good lord. So many gears so you are always @ peak power in the rpm band + 250ms shifts, blazing fast.

I dunno how fast the 8-speed is in the Chevy stingrays, but I'm guessing they more than likely use the ZF-8 as well, it's rated up to I think 800lbs of tq.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome