Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Drag race advice for first time with 2011 GT
View Single Post
post #24 of (permalink) Old 06-25-2014
Fatopotomus
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleg View Post
Ya im going to air down to like 28 or 30psi after I get tech'd in and everything. Its going to be weird airing down a Mustang, since ive been airing down 35" mud tires to 10psi for so long now. LOL
I just hope I can get by with my helmet. I went out and bought a new one at the local motorcycle shop. Its 2014 DOT certified, but Gateway says they want your helmets to be 2005 or 2010 snell certified. I would think that a 2014 DOT certification would be better then the older Snell certs, but I don't know. From my understanding some people get by with them just taking a look at your helmet while others inspect them.
Dont worry about the helmet, not one track Ive been to has ever inspected my helmet. Hell, a couple of tracks Ive been to just ignored it when I started going through WITHOUT a helmet.

I dont like driving with a motorcycle helmet because the top of my head hits the roof of the car. Im going to look into getting a smaller, auto helmet.

2011 Mustang GT M6 3.31s

Matt HONEYCUTT Tune, Lethal Off-Road X, GT500 axlebacks, J&M LCAs, UPR UCA, Whiteline LCA relocation brackets, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Koni STR.T shocks/struts, GT500 strut mounts, SR Strut Tower Brace

Best 1/4 E/T (05/18/14 MIR - no tune, X-pipe, or UCA): 12.920 @ 109.40 mph (2.059 60ft)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome