Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Considering a 2014 or 2015 Mustang GT
View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 06-26-2014
blkandgud
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstFord94 View Post
This is the part that got my attention. If you are looking at luxury cars and previously owned a luxury car, a '14 mustang will be VERY different. I don't care what anyone on here says, the '14 mustang is a very crude driving implement compared with anything that could even remotely be considered luxury. You don't think about this when you're looking at words or numbers, but when you're driving it every day, you start to realize that the great price you got your '14 for was not worth what you have to give up.

I also completely disagree about your statement about the C7. It is a completely different animal than an s197 (current mustang chassis). It offers better stock performance and will also be more luxurious than a s197 mustang. It won't ride like your lexus of course. but it will ride much better than the mustang. Given the choice, 10 times out of 10 I would take the C7 over my '12 mustang GT.

If you are looking at luxury cars and a C7, you likely aren't scraping together to buy a new mustang. Frankly, if you just HAVE to own a mustang, wait for the '15 car because the suspension should be a bit more comfortable than the current car and it should still offer excellent performance. I didn't already have a '12 mustang, there's no doubt that I'd wait for a '15+ Mustang despite vastly preferring the styling of my '12 mustang.

The issue becomes the amount of time you're willing to wait. You could order a '15 mustang right now, but you will have a wait a while for it. And what if you don't like it when it arrives? If you have like 6 months to wait, then the '15 mustang is probably worth waiting for. If you need a car in the next month or two, you're better off with another car, IMO.
I'm going to have to disagree here. While no one is saying that the Mustang is the most comfortable ride ever...it's certainly not as bad as you're making it out to be. I have owned an Infiniti G37, and have buddies with a few other "luxury" brands (Audi A4, 3series BMW) , and they squeak, rattle, and you can feel every bump in those cars just as bad, if not worse, than the Mustang. I've even had my friend with his A4 compliment me for the ride quality in my 5.0 vs his car.

On the flip side, some cars (like the Challenger) feel like it's riding on rails, compared to the Mustang. But for a car riding on 19th century technology, I say the ride is pretty nice for the stock Mustang.

2012 Mustang GT Premium
BLACK on BLACK 401A. A6, HIDs, Security, Rear Camera+Reverse Sensing, Remote Start, Comfort.
-Roush Axle-backs
(Planning on CAI/Tune then I'll be good)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome