Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - New(er)TSB for rear axle vent leak??
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2014 Thread Starter
daustin
PONY Member

Garage
New(er)TSB for rear axle vent leak??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin72 View Post
THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO REASON ANYBODY SHOULD HAVE TO PAY MORE THAN $100 FOR THAT COVER.

You can order that finned differential cover from Tousley or Levittown for less than $60. It is the exact same cover that comes on the Boss 302 and Track Pack cars and sold under the Ford Racing brand for at least twice that much, if not more. Mine came with the magnetic fill and drain plugs in it.

It's a bit tricky to filter down to it but you want piece 7 and the listed price is $58.43.

http://www.levittownfordsupercenter....pair-parts.php

Any time I find a Ford Racing part I might be interested in for my car I always try to see if I can get it cheaper using the OEM repair sites. Sometimes it's a lot cheaper, sometimes it's not. But there are some steals out there if you can find them. This is one of them.

As mentioned, there is a spot on the top of the cover for the axle vent. Just plug the axle tube and move the vent to the top of the cover and it's a done deal.

Awesome! Thanks for the info. I'm glad I didn't order it for $145!! The link doesn't take me to any parts, so I'm gonna click around and see if I can find it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2016 Mustang GT 401a, 6A, Magnetic Metallic, Nav, Shaker Pro, 20" SVE Series 3's, Steeda CAI, Corsa Sports, BMR SP080 Springs, BMR Caster/Camber Plates, JLT Catch Can, Redline Hood Struts.....

2014 Mustang GT 400a, 6M, Recaros, 3.73's, 19" Drifts, electronics/nav., Kooks A/B's, AED Tune /Steeda CAI/BBQ Igniter Tick... SOLD

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome