Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 2014 GT Won't Smoke Tires In 1st Anymore :-(
View Single Post
post #51 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2014
rpaulg87
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARLightning View Post
If your car hooked and took off your passenger was probably impressed anyway. The most ferocious acceleration I remember as a passenger was when a guy wanted to take me for a demonstration ride in his modified Buick Turbo V-6. He took it out on a drive and brought it to a stop and then torque braked it a little. When he let off the brake and hit the throttle it broke the tires loose and he immediatley got out of it and braked to a stop. He apologized and said let me try that again. Then he torque-braked it to a lesser rpm, released the brake and hit the throttle. It hooked up without a single squeal and launched forward like a missle. It seemed like my eyelids were being peeled back and I couldn't pull my head off the headrest. Boiling tires is for show but horsepower and hooking it up is what can leave a lasting impression.
Wait, I am confused. "Then he torque freaked it to a lesser rpm, released the brake and then hit the throttle" O.o how do you "torque freak" something without being on the throttle?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome