Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Matte or flat black spoiler paint code
View Single Post
post #24 of (permalink) Old 06-30-2014 Thread Starter
Cobrajet67
PONY Member
Mustang II Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

When I talked to the dealer they said the factory has some in house codes but they are not applicable or recognized on anything painted outside the factory. So, if you have any part at all that needs to be repainted they basically just wing it on the amount of flattening agent no matter what it is.
I had my spoiler painted along with a pair of side scoops and they all came out awful. I even brought them to a noted body shop that does a lot of muscle cars and other specialized projects and they totally ruined my expectations of what they could do. My spoiler was supposed to be matte black with no gloss in the clear and they painted it black with semi-gloss clear along with dust in the final product. The side scoops were even worse. They were supposed to be painted green with the grills masked off and after 3 times they still couldn't get them painted completely around the edges or without dust in the paint. They also oversprayed on the grills. Terrible work and totally unprofessional. Long Valley Auto Body is who did my "work" for me.

Last edited by Cobrajet67; 07-02-2014 at 03:42 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome