Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - thinking of switching to 5.0.
View Single Post
post #28 of (permalink) Old 06-30-2014
Fatopotomus
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by akeemjvasser View Post
My v6 is about 19000, with interest 26000 so im already payin 350 on top of 300 for insurance
OP,

Im going to give you some advice learned from being nearly a decade older than you. You can choose to ignore it, take insult from it, or whatever, but I promise you its well meaning input that I would tell me own son if he presented to me the facts you laid out above.

If you're obligated for $26K on a 2 year old V6 mustang and considering trading it in, you are so underwater the edealer is going to slide it in so deep and rough that you wont walk right for a week after. You are going to have $10K in negative equity before you even start talking about the new car. You do this switch and you're easily going to be $45k in debt when you roll out of the showroom. Now I dont know what you do for a living or who you are but I do know the average 24 year old in Michigan makes thless than that as a annual median income.

Also what is the length of your current loan that you are only paying $350 a month? Did you get a 72 or 84 month loan?

My honest take is that you are making financially irresponsible decisions.

2011 Mustang GT M6 3.31s

Matt HONEYCUTT Tune, Lethal Off-Road X, GT500 axlebacks, J&M LCAs, UPR UCA, Whiteline LCA relocation brackets, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Koni STR.T shocks/struts, GT500 strut mounts, SR Strut Tower Brace

Best 1/4 E/T (05/18/14 MIR - no tune, X-pipe, or UCA): 12.920 @ 109.40 mph (2.059 60ft)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome