Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - So I lowered my 2012
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-30-2014
Senderofan
Apprentice

Looks good! Not sure how much you lowered it in the rear? Keep an ear out for any increased noise and vibration. Lowering will change your pinion angle. When I lowered mine.....I had to adjust the pinion angle by 4 degrees. This keeps your driveshaft at the proper angle with the rear end....that way you don't stress the pinion bearing. Also...you might experience more wheel hop...if your lower control arm angle has been changed enough. Just thought I'd share this info. if you hadn't run across this stuff before. The only thing oem on my suspension is half of that strut bearing assembly...with all those wonderful bearing that are just waiting to fly out .

Wayne

2013 PW Boss. Fully adjustable suspension make over, Team Dynamics 18"x10" wheels with 305mm Continental GT-O slicks., MM C/C plates, Koni Yellows, Carbotech XP 12fr / XP 10 r pads, Blowfish Racing brake cooling duct kit, BlowFish Racing MT-82 "Fix" bracket, Airaid PJ CF cai, FRPP 84.5mm TB, FRPP 47 lb injects, O/R X pipe, GT 500 axle backs, MGW shifter, Whiteline tranny bushing, AutoBlip, Tuning by AED

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome