Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - BOSS 302 exhaust with Roush Side Splitters
View Single Post
post #20 of (permalink) Old 07-01-2014
laughingdragon
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cababah View Post
The boss side exhaust is a bit "illusive" in its sound. I would say it is more for the driver to hear and enjoy vs. other people on the road. The exits are pointing slightly downward so the sound is mostly heard close by (cabin). Don't get me wrong, they sound like pure sex but if you want everyone in the neighborhood to hear you a mile away, they won't accomplish that. You will want to go the cat delete/LTH route for that.

That being said, I have inadvertently scared some people when driving side by side next to them and mashing the gas....quite a few now that I think about it haha!
What mufflers you are running, baffle, no baffle, etc in the boss pipes, will make a difference in overall sound. Your not just working one set of mufflers, you are now running quad exhaust, and with one pair open, and the other set, say stock mufflers, you will get an overall different sound than open boss pipes and outlaws on as well. My exhaust actually got quieter for me, inside the car, but it is just as loud, if not a tad louder outside the car. So not always going to be the same for everyone, cababah said his added more for the driver to hear, and for me, it took away sound.

2013 GT 6 spd, GT500 mufflers, BOSS quad exhaust, Roush CAI, Barton shifter & 2 post bracket
CS GT-40 Wheels, Hotchkis sway bars, upper and lower control arms, springs (1.1/1.6 drop) and adj panhard bar KONI yellow struts and shocks J&M caster/camber plates,
BMR Upper control arm mount and lower control arm brackets.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome