Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - BOSS 302 exhaust with Roush Side Splitters
View Single Post
post #22 of (permalink) Old 07-01-2014
cababah
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughingdragon View Post
What mufflers you are running, baffle, no baffle, etc in the boss pipes, will make a difference in overall sound. Your not just working one set of mufflers, you are now running quad exhaust, and with one pair open, and the other set, say stock mufflers, you will get an overall different sound than open boss pipes and outlaws on as well. My exhaust actually got quieter for me, inside the car, but it is just as loud, if not a tad louder outside the car. So not always going to be the same for everyone, cababah said his added more for the driver to hear, and for me, it took away sound.
I have the ford racing sport (same as Borla s) mufflers and restrictor plates removed for the boss side pipes.

The mufflers were installed first and the cabin was still fairly quiet but when I added the side exhaust, cabin volume went up a lot and I got a small drone at 2k rpm.

2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Coupe/Brembos/3.73

"I'm also 6'5" and 270 lbs. and could crush a person's bones with my bare hands"
-Jozsefsz

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome