Did something kind of stupid
I left my 4-way flashers on and it ran down the battery. Now here's the stupid part. I used one of those portable jump starter gizmos. I was struggling to get the cables to hang onto the battery terminals and somehow I got them swapped.
When I turned the thing on it sparked and the plastic cover on the clamp burned a little.
After the ultimate oh **** moment, I hooked it up right and the car started. Everything seems to work. There was a burnt smell inside, but might have been sucked in by the AC.
The dashboard lights all work, but that shifter index glass is not lit up. The one that has the letters in it. P, R, etc. I honestly can't remember if it ever was lit. I can't find pics of a lit interior other than ones where people have put all sorts of neon inside which doesn't help me.
Can someone tell me whether there's any lighting in the center console on a base mustang? Thanks.
2012 V6, Kona Blue with appearance package