Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - A D-Bag in a Boxster tried to race me last night...
View Single Post
post #28 of (permalink) Old 07-09-2014 Thread Starter
matthewr87
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpaulg87 View Post
Wow people are macho with their GT's. The Boxster until the refresh was the "Porsche" that "wasn't" now they hit 4.2-4.4 all day, hell they kill the older 911s with ease. I used to laugh at them, but I know damn well how fast they are now. Torque wise I guess you have help, but you are fighting a 2900lb car vs your 3650lb car.... and that 5.0 ain't exactly a torquey v-8 compared to the rest.

I would love to see the official statement of Ford saying the 5.0 hits 0-60 in 4.2 though, as someone said above, as that is b.s.

*EDIT* Canuck89 said that, got proof that Ford said that? The stripped down Laguna Seca Boss (no rear seats) hit 4.1-4.3, and that is due to gearing and insane weight loss, a GT on average hits 4.8+ By no means SLOW, but come on man. saying a stock GT hits 4.1-4.4 is claiming you are driving a GT-500 5.4l, not a GT, and the GT-500 if you realize how the clutch is, can even hit 3.8-3.9( -12 and minus). Get real and stop day dreamin speeds.

If you think you are right go up against a 392 Challenger (in a few months the R\T version it will be your common enemy as it gets the 475HP\TQ 6.4l, so better start now), or a 1LE SS Camaro. 5.0's never beat me when I owned my older SRT 6.1l tuned. Film that drag-race too. Lol, 4.2. Keep dreaming.
All I know is that on the official Porsche website the fastest Boxster is listed as 4.9 seconds to 60 mph. The others range between 5.0 and 5.1 seconds. The 911s (non-turbo) range between 4.5 and 4.8 to 60, and again this is on the Porsche Canada website. Also, as long as we are talking manufacturer/magazine numbers, for what it's worth Car and Driver (I think it was) achieved a 5.1 with a PP 2011 V6 Mustang.

2018 GT350 - Race red

2012 Mustang GT/CS - Race red - Electronics package - Security package - 3.73 - Steeda shift knob - Steeda shift bracket - ProCal II Tune - GT500 ABs - Shaftmasters DS - Boss 302S Wheels - Build date: February 14th, 2012

2011 Mustang V6 - Pony Package Premium Coupe - Black - Charcoal Leather - Roush Front Fascia - Matte Black Lemans and Hockey Stick Hood Stripes - 6% HP Charcoal Tint - 3.31

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome