Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - A D-Bag in a Boxster tried to race me last night...
View Single Post
post #34 of (permalink) Old 07-09-2014 Thread Starter
matthewr87
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVa5.0 View Post
First, wanting to do a bit of light-to-light fun doesn't make someone a D-bag. So, OP, pull the stick out of yer bottom.

Second, Boxsters, especially the newest ones, are serious machines. And they are also built much better, and from nicer materials. And if you really want the best Porsche, the current star in the line-up is the Cayman S. Basically a coupe Boxster. Does 0-60 in 4.1 seconds.

Don't rag on Porsches, or other performance cars. You may like your Mustang, but there are many other great cars out there. This "my car is better because it's a _____________" is stupid crapola. I give Porsches, Corvettes, Audis, anything performance oriented a "thumbs up" when I see them. Including older cars that people have worked on.
Light to light fun eh?

Okay man, maybe it depends on your definition of a D-Bag, but someone who decides to street race in the middle of a city at night is not only saying they don't care about their own safety, or the safety of the people they are racing, they also don't give a rats ass about anybody else on the road or on the sidewalk, all because they want to engage in a juvenile **** measuring contest.

Street racing is stupid. Period. Doesn't matter if you are 15 or 60 years old, it is stupid.

And even if you are a pretentious and ignorant nihilist who in actual fact does not care about human life, you also have to choose to forget about the $10,000 fine, car seizure and license suspension that will result if you are observed street racing by the police here in Ontario.

I enjoy all performance oriented cars and respect people who drive them. I don't rag on Porsches, Mercs, Audis, etc. I don't think my Mustang is the ultimate performance car. But when you are revving your engine at a stoplight and scowling at me like Fifty Cent in a G-Unit music video that will negate any respect I may have had for you in the first place.

Also, please show me where a new Boxster is clocked at 4.1 seconds to 60 in stock form.

Boxster GTS - All Boxster Models - Models - Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG

5.0s to 60 with the manual, 4.9 with the PDK.

Porsche Boxster S - Porsche Canada

5.1s to 60 with the manual, 5.0 with the PDK

Porsche Boxster - Porsche Canada

5.8s to 60 with the manual, 5.7 with the PDK.

Please note that this is from the Porsche website. Don't you think that if Porsche could get away with claiming 4.1s to 60 they would? Those listed numbers are already inflated, just like any other manufacturer numbers are.

2018 GT350 - Race red

2012 Mustang GT/CS - Race red - Electronics package - Security package - 3.73 - Steeda shift knob - Steeda shift bracket - ProCal II Tune - GT500 ABs - Shaftmasters DS - Boss 302S Wheels - Build date: February 14th, 2012

2011 Mustang V6 - Pony Package Premium Coupe - Black - Charcoal Leather - Roush Front Fascia - Matte Black Lemans and Hockey Stick Hood Stripes - 6% HP Charcoal Tint - 3.31

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome